Almost all vehicles manufactured today use headlights with polycarbonate lenses. This material is lightweight, impact resistant and safer than glass lenses of the past, making it an ideal choice for modern headlights. But unfortunately there is a big downside to this material: it oxidizes and turns yellow over the time when it gets exposed to UV rays.
You can just polish these yellowish headlights and make them look new, but polishing alone is not enough as it does not form a protective film and after a few weeks the headlight turns yellow again. Thinking about that, Vonixx developed a solution to this problem, the V-Light.
V-LIGHT is a high-performance coating specially developed for polycarbonate headlights to protect the new ones and recover those that have suffered oxidation over time. It forms a glassy and semi-flexible, clear and resistant film that also acts against UV rays. It also promotes water and dirt repellency to the headlights.
- It can be used on headlights, taillights and even on windows and windshield for water repellency
- Lasts up to 1 year on headlights and taillights
- 20ml bottle yields up to 20 headlight pairs
HOW TO USE:
- Oxidized and yellowish headlights: Perform sanding of the headlights to remove the oxidation and yellowish. Clean the headlights with a prep solution. Apply a generous amount of product in horizontal movements only, using the applicator with suede microfiber evenly (included in the package). Make sure to fill the entire surface, observing uniformity and transparency. Do not wipe off the ceramic coating. For the first 4 hours after the application keep the headlights away from dust and water.
- Protection for new headlights: We recommend decontaminating the headlights with a clay bar and then cleaning with a prep solution. Apply the product using the applicator with suede microfiber (included in the package) in small quantities doing criss cross movements. After around 1-4 minutes wipe it off with a clean and dry microfiber towel.
NOTE: The partial curing of the product is 6 hours. Do not wet, wash or get dirt on the headlights during that period. The total curing time is 72 hours.